Postby Devils » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:39 am

NJ will be back.

Flyers
Team: Flyers

Re: OSHL Rulebook (Proposal)

Postby Flyers » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:43 am

I'm in.

27 is way too young for UFA. And one early re-sign is not enough

I think it's better to let teams keep more UFA so there is more trading.

Seems like most of prior year activity was in UFA period, then teams get capped out and it is hard to trade

OilersGM
Team: Flyers

Postby OilersGM » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:10 am

Flyers wrote:I'm in.

27 is way too young for UFA. And one early re-sign is not enough

I think it's better to let teams keep more UFA so there is more trading.

Seems like most of prior year activity was in UFA period, then teams get capped out and it is hard to trade

---UFA's will be any players who are 27 years old or older with 1 year remaining on their term. When the season ends, and we advance ages, that means any player who is 28 years old or older are considered UFA's if they have no contract term remaining.

The UFA age is 28 from what I'm reading. It says 27 with 1 year remaining, so when they turn 28 they are UFA's.

I am coming back.

Raffi
Team: Predators

Postby Raffi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:39 pm

lets do it

Ducksgm
Team: Ducks

Postby Ducksgm » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:17 pm

You know I'm in! PJ if its alright with you I would rather be Open Market Player Agent and NHL Rerate Agent :)

FlamesGM
Team: Flames

Postby FlamesGM » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm in
Ed
Calgary GM

GMCanadiens
Team: Canadiens

Postby GMCanadiens » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:59 pm

I'm really confused about the age/ratings rollback. Was the point of it not to keep it realistic? If that was the point, then giving the option to change players really defeats that point. Take Mark McNeill and Mikhail Grigorenko on Detroit for example. Both are 28 in the sim, and 23 and 22 respectively in reality. McNeill isn't worth dropping back to age 23 because he'd be 65ov. Grigorenko though might be worth the risk. So you then have two players who in reality are a similar age becoming 6 years apart for us in the sim. McNeill is a poor example because he's not going to amount to much regardless, but my point remains.

I think either all players should roll back, or none. I also think that your proposed rollback method works for the high end players, but for the guys like McNeill it's no good.

FloridaGMPJ
Team: Panthers

Postby FloridaGMPJ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:15 pm

I fully understand there are going to be age differences. There also is going to be a divide on how we address the age issue. So no matter what system we implement, there will be differing opinions. My feeling is, the age rollbacks will likely happen to guys who are older, so that a GM can keep a player longer. So to do that, they take a hit on OV. If McNeil is 70 OV at Age 28, and 66 OV at Age 23, isn't he pretty much a depth player regardless? I don't see a major issue there.

I get that no system will be perfect, so the age rollbacks are an option teams have to roll certain guys back if they wish, and that'll keep our player pool from dwindling further.

What I'm not doing is leaving things as is, without making any change. I'm not going to do all this work to run the league for 4 more seasons, then we are back to the same spot with losing players, not enough are coming in, UFA Pools are junk, rosters are thin, etc.
Hagelin - MacKinnon - Virtanen
Fabbri - Barkov - Paajarvi
Haula - Draisaitl - Vecchione
Kerdiles - Gagner - Tuch

Pietrangelo - Morin
Murray - Jones
Provorov - Werenski

Holtby
Demko

FloridaGMPJ

Postby FloridaGMPJ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Confirmed in for Season 11: Anaheim, Arizona, Boston, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St Louis, Toronto, Vancouver

Waiting for Response: Buffalo, Minnesota, Montreal, Ottawa, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Washington, Winnipeg

Not Returning: Colorado, Dallas, New York I
Kerdiles - Gagner - Tuch

Pietrangelo - Morin
Murray - Jones
Provorov - Werenski

Holtby
Demko

pens_gm
Team: Penguins

Postby pens_gm » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm

$74 mil salary cap could led to some over bidding & then gm could use salary reduction the following season and get it reduced provided it's not a 4 or 5 year deal

GMCanadiens
Team: Canadiens

Postby GMCanadiens » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:53 pm

FloridaGMPJ wrote:I fully understand there are going to be age differences. There also is going to be a divide on how we address the age issue. So no matter what system we implement, there will be differing opinions. My feeling is, the age rollbacks will likely happen to guys who are older, so that a GM can keep a player longer. So to do that, they take a hit on OV. If McNeil is 70 OV at Age 28, and 66 OV at Age 23, isn't he pretty much a depth player regardless? I don't see a major issue there.

I get that no system will be perfect, so the age rollbacks are an option teams have to roll certain guys back if they wish, and that'll keep our player pool from dwindling further.

What I'm not doing is leaving things as is, without making any change. I'm not going to do all this work to run the league for 4 more seasons, then we are back to the same spot with losing players, not enough are coming in, UFA Pools are junk, rosters are thin, etc.

I actually think you should roll back everyone, not select players. You're right, there will be a divide no matter what. But you gotta do what's best for the league and not what's going to keep everyone happy. If you roll everyone back, you keep even more players than if you roll select few back, and the league stays the same relative to each other but also gets younger. If you roll back select players that can totally change the league. Say I roll back everyone and you roll back no one, you're suddenly a much better team than I am and we haven't even altered our rosters.

FloridaGMPJ

Postby FloridaGMPJ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 pm

I'll put it to a vote. At 11:59pm Saturday, regardless of the number of votes, whichever is leading I'll go with. If its tied, I'm sticking with my plan. This is the only thing I'm putting to a vote. I'm not voting on every single topic to move to Season 11. We'll be in offseason for a year doing this crap.
Kerdiles - Gagner - Tuch

Pietrangelo - Morin
Murray - Jones
Provorov - Werenski

Holtby
Demko

FloridaGMPJ

Postby FloridaGMPJ » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Well, we are down 3 GM's. Col/Dal/NYI are not returning. Still waiting to hear from Buffalo, Minnesota, Montreal, Ottawa, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Washington, Winnipeg. I'll say this, if we lose 6 or more GM's, it may be a folding of the league. Finding 2 or 3 GM's is tough. Finding 6 or more may be impossible.
Kerdiles - Gagner - Tuch

Pietrangelo - Morin
Murray - Jones
Provorov - Werenski

Holtby
Demko

Return to “League News”