Waivers???

Moderator: FloridaGMPJ

J.Stanley

Waivers???

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 pm

I waived stephane dacosta http://oshl.pw/OSHL_S6Waivers.html

It was by ignorance or accident. Now I am trying to claim my rights on him over the red wings. Even my post for claiming him is still with in the 48 hour window stated in the rules here http://oshl.pw/oshl-rules/

Waivers

Waivers are for players who are over age 24 with a minimum 10 games played. When you send a player to the farm that meets that criteria, he must go through waivers and stay there for 48 hours. Those who want to claim a player must email a claim to the commissioner.

If more than one team wishes to claim a player, the team that is lowest in the standings has the advantage of getting the player.

I am within the 48 hr stated term. He was awarded to Detroit before the clearly stated dealine for offers. I am 10th on the list and Detroit is 18th.

I want to start a discussion about this because it isn't right according to the rules.

maybe I am reading this wrong?

J.Stanley

Re: Waivers???

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:59 pm

the team trying to send down the player shouldn't have to send an e-mail to claim him. Only teams above me in the priority list should be able to claim him. Why do we have a list or a clearly stated 48hrs on which he stays on waivers? It doesn't say first come first serve.

Hurricanes GM
Team: Hurricanes

Postby Hurricanes GM » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I dont think you are reading it wrong but teams are not going to place a player on waivers to then "re-claim" him. Did the editor not give you a warning that the player had to clear waivers when you sent him down to the farm roster?

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 pm

it was by accident but even though. my intention was to send him to the farm. there is a rule where it says if he played more than 10 games and is 24 or older he has to clear waivers for 48 hrs. why cant my priority on the list protect my players from better teams.

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:11 pm

my problem is with how he was reassigned so quick. plus now I am being told my priority on the list doesn't protect my assets from detroit.

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 pm

if he went to any of the other 9 teams placed better than me in the list. I would not have a problem.

Leafs
THE COMMISH
Team: Maple Leafs

Postby Leafs » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 pm

J.Stanley wrote:my intention was to send him to the farm. there is a rule where it says if he played more than 10 games and is 24 or older he has to clear waivers for 48 hrs.

You kind of answered your own question there. The priority list is a general overall list, not a list for that specific player. When you clicked yes after the GMEditor gave you the warning asking if you were sure, you forfeited your rights to that player until all 29 other teams pass on him. If a claim is made, you can't call "take backsies". Baseball has a rule where team's can do that after the trade deadline, but no such rule exists in hockey.

GMCanadiens
Team: Canadiens

Postby GMCanadiens » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 pm

In short: you can't claim your own player off waivers. Every other team gets a chance to make a claim, and if they don't, you keep him.

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:40 pm

its not a take backsies. where in the rules does it say. I forfeited my rights to that player until all 29 other teams pass on him. that would be your interpretation of the rules? It says nothing in the rules about how my players are not protected by my priority list. even if I sent him to the farm why can't my priotity on the list or even this years standings prove that he should be on my team. If more than one team wishes to claim a player, the team that is lowest in the standings has the advantage of getting the player. it doesn't say everyone except said team in question??? i claimed him and so did Detroit. I am lower in the standings and higher on the priority list. why is a better team aloud to cherry pick my players. I don't agree with your amendment(opinion) to the rule. your adding words to the rule.

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 pm

I will have to live with this judgement I guess but in the rules it should clearly state that I am excluded from the rights to my player until he isn't claimed. just because it doesn't say that doesn't mean it should be enforced onto me.

GMCanadiens
Team: Canadiens

Postby GMCanadiens » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:18 am

This part of the waiver wire is common knowledge, it's not something Jax is making up or interpreting.

If you could claim your own player, it defeats the purpose of waivers. You're placing a player on waivers because you want to send him to the farm. Every other team gets a chance to claim him, and if one does, he is added to their pro roster. This is to give the player the opportunity to continue playing in the pros. However, if the other 29 teams decide they wouldn't use him in the pros and pass on him, then he gets sent to your farm.

Ducksgm
Team: Ducks

Postby Ducksgm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:17 am

It is pretty common knowledge and if you really wanted to keep your player you wouldn't have sent him down.

Also by your logic the Stars (ranked number 1) would be able to move players up and down freely because noone is above them :roll:

RedWings
Team: Red Wings

Postby RedWings » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:17 am

J.Stanley wrote:its not a take backsies. where in the rules does it say. I forfeited my rights to that player until all 29 other teams pass on him. that would be your interpretation of the rules? It says nothing in the rules about how my players are not protected by my priority list. even if I sent him to the farm why can't my priotity on the list or even this years standings prove that he should be on my team. If more than one team wishes to claim a player, the team that is lowest in the standings has the advantage of getting the player. it doesn't say everyone except said team in question??? i claimed him and so did Detroit. I am lower in the standings and higher on the priority list. why is a better team aloud to cherry pick my players. I don't agree with your amendment(opinion) to the rule. your adding words to the rule.

Sorry man, that's how waivers works. There is no "interpretation of the rules" here. It's the risk you run by clicking yes to that waivers warning, every team has a chance to claim any player waived by any team other than a player they waived themselves, regardless of standings. Record only matters when it's two teams with a claim, in which the lower team in the standings gets priority.
If you do not cheat, you do not try.
-Vladimir Konstantinov

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 am

I get it. I just thought that maybe it worked another way. I'm not mad or anything it is only dacosta who I barely gave ice time too anyway. I was just confused on the rules and how they were interpreted. Thanks to everyone for making sure I understand. One more thing that I know not to do lol. sorry for the confusion.

go :WPG: go

TampaBay GM
Team: Lightning

Postby TampaBay GM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 am

You want Scott Gomez for free? Err I mean Future Considerations? :o)

Similar center just older I have too many centers.

LMK

David
Lightning GM

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 am

It couldn't hurt to have him. If I get an injury he can be used. I'll take him lol. I am sure we will have more deals in the future.

Terrifyer
Team: Stars

Postby Terrifyer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Is he being waved? Because I'll put in a claim ;)

J.Stanley

Postby J.Stanley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm

DaCosta has all ready been claimed.

Return to “Off Topic”