Lightning Set All-Time Scoring Record!

Moderator: FloridaGMPJ

TampaBay GM
Team: Lightning

Lightning Set All-Time Scoring Record!

Postby TampaBay GM » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Tampa Bay:

With four games left in the season each goal will add to Tampa's current record total of 305 currently one more goal then the Islanders had in season eight. Leading the charge this season has been Zach Parise with 41. Ryan Getzlaf got his 40th last night and with four games left Team Captain Claude Giroux sits within striking distance at thirty-eight. We caught up with Claude after last nights game and asked him about his new contract and his chances of setting another record with three forty goal scorers on the same team. "The new contract is great I plan to retire a Lightning and GM Blair has been great about signing the pieces that will keep us in contention for years and years to come. As for the forty goals (Big Smile) It'd be nice but honestly we're not thinking about individual goals we just give it our all and are always pushing ourselves every game"
The Lightning didn't make any moves at the Deadline but after resigning Giroux for a forty million five year extension they went and locked up Nick Shore for 11 million, Tyler Cammarata for 16 million, John Klingberg for 20 million, and last but certainly not least Chris Bigras for just shy of 25 million. Cammarata was the MVP in last seasons playoffs and his teammates can't stop talking about the talent this kid brings to the ice each and every game! And at 33 goals this season is it fathomable that this team could have FOUR Forty goal scorers next year if they can resign Getzlaf as a UFA. Although the team sits a mere 600k under the cap thirteen million is coming off the books and that's close to the number management has been rumored at offering Ryan next season. So basically the team would lose third line center Martin Hanzal whom Nick Shore will step in for and third line Winger Mike Richards who the Lightning have groomed Pavel Buchnevich to take over for. Buchnevich could be termed a Tyler Cammarata clone and has over thirty goals this season down on the farm! I'd say the future looks bright in Tampa Bay think I'll take my boat out on the Bay and play!

The Tampa Free Press

Return to “Off Topic”